24 June 2012

Hayley B. James' Blog Hop




With forty participants in the Blog Hop, I think it was a success.  The only regret that I have was not having enough time to stop by every participants site to read and comment on their pages.  But don't fret!  I bookmarked each participants page for further reading.

As I mentioned on most (or all of my comments), I never knew M/M romance novels existed.  Yes I saw the  novels on grocery store racks with guys like Fabio on the covers.  I knew that these novels were pretty much focused on the female audience.  Now if they happen to have two sexy guys holding onto each other, then I would have spent more time at the grocery store.

So my start came with yaoi.  In both manga, anime and my favorite dojinshi. Just so you know, I happen to be a gay dude and seeing pretty boys making out, being heroes and pretty much kicking ass (were applicable!) is natural for me.

I've always enjoyed writing.  I remember creating stories way back in elementary school (it was a story about Thanksgiving and read during our family Thanksgiving dinner, long long ago) all the way up to today.  I loved trying to be creative and I also loved trying to put all my friends into each story I wrote.

So anyway, my yaoi writing fixation started several years ago.  Some online friends and I started up this RP forum.  There were girls and boys involved.  But us boys were the fanboys of yaoi and I think that the girls soon became fangirls impatiently waiting for each time we posted some slutty sex scene.

Unfortunately, the RP fizzles so I went independent.  Created my own characters and my own story.  Right now my story is somewhere around 175 pages with two more books in the soon distant future.  Kind of started one of my new books, but been spending a lot of time revising my original story so that one day I could maybe see it in print.

So with my story in place, I thought that I could make myself a manga.  But unfortunately, I can't draw so my dreams just existed in my little ole'head.  Then I stumbled upon Hayley B. James' blog site with his Blog Hop entry.  Never before had I considered that maybe since I can't draw a manga that maybe I could write my own M/M romance novel!

So, I participated in the Blog Hop and found myself on countless sites which mostly dealt with M/M romance novels.  I only wish that I could have found the time to comment on each one for the Blog Hop, but I was able to bookmark each participant in the Blog Hop so I'll be visiting those sites very soon.  And of course commenting on their posts.

Well the Blog Hop is over but that little event sent my motivation sky high and its all because of all you smutty authors and artist that I so love!  I want to be remember as one too!

Peace

Sai

1 comment:

  1. So all the hard work paid off. Because of two of my blog comments I won! Although, I guess I am old school because I like having a book in hand, but an ebook is still a pretty sweet deal. So thanks to the likes of Lou Sylvre (http://sylvre.com/) and the kind folks over at Sublime Manga (http://www.sublimemanga.com/) I get to enjoy some nice smut! I got the eboook of Lou Sylvre's Loving Luki Vasquez and Sublime's title, Pet on Duty

    ReplyDelete